Subject: Re: UKNM: Internet '98
From: Ray Taylor
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 20:15:26 +0100

It has always seemed a bit odd to me, to organise an Internet show
anywhere other than on the Internet. But of course if you want to
attract those that are not yet on and/or committed to the Internet you
need to do it.

More important, in my view, is to have good conference sessions. I was
down as a speaker at IWorld in London, having come back from another
speaking engagement, Adtech, in Chicago. The quality of the conference
in London was dreadful by comparison with Chicago and hardly anybody
showed up (or perhaps it was just me). It is a bit off-putting
addressing a big auditorium with a dozen people in it.

I think it would be good to organise some one-day, or even half-day
sessions in London (possibly other places too) to discuss specific
aspects of Internet media, marketing, advertising, etc.

What do other people think?