Subject: Re: UKNM: easyEverything hits Victoria
From: Chris Heathcote
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 10:34:47 +0100

At 8:05 am +0100 on 8/7/99, Siobhan McVeigh wrote:

>hmmm... i wrote a guide to internet cafes for time out at the beginning of '97
>and they attracted an international crowd of people who came from more wired
>places than the uk checking on their mail!

When I was in New York, there was a bar (and therefore open til a
civilised 4 in the morning), that had 4 terminals (ok, they were
WebTV, but it let you check hotmail accounts and generally do as much
on the Internet as you can with $3 martinis in your hand).

Completely free usage: they were often busy, but if they were all in
use, you just bought another drink and waited :)

I'm surprised more places in the UK haven't taken the bar/cafe (with
internet access) route rather than internet access (with bar/cafe).

When the most original idea for bars atm is serving beer in cans (oh,
the irony), surely an investment in a few cheap PCs would be a killer.

c.
(oh, and never ever try to email when drunk, they can be produced as
embarrassing evidence later :) )
--
squeegee your third eye
http://www.head-newmedia.com http://www.head-space.org