Subject: UKNM: Footie tournament needs support!
From: Jeraint Hazan
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 15:12:50 +0100

On-line Publishing are organising and sponsoring the first ever New
Media Cup. A fun five a side football tournament featuring the best that
the Internet can offer. This momentous event (co-incidentally timed
around another footie tournament going on in France) will offer frills,
spills and a host of prizes covering all aspects of virtual soccer.

The tournament is limited to 10 teams (one of which is OLP!) and will be
held from 8-10 p.m. at the football pitches on Market Road, Islington
N7, which is next to Islington Tennis Centre and 5 mins from Caledonian
Road Tube.

The Rules!

Each team must have a squad of 8 players, of which at least 2 must be
women.

Each team must play at least 1 women in every game, otherwise they risk
disqualification.

Each team will be allowed 1 "ringer" only (e.g. that semi-pro that used
to work with Colin�s best mate when we did that Eurosoccer site). NO
CURRENT PROFESSIONAL PLAYERS!!!

The tournament will commence with the Group phase, which will consist of
2 groups of five teams each, which will be drawn at random. Each match
will be 5 mins each way with 5 mins half-time break. There will be no
limit on substitutions, so long as there are always 1 woman playing at
any time. 3 points for a win, 1 points for a draw and nil points for
losing (it's a hard world out there!). Teams with equal points will be
separated by goals scored, goal difference and goals conceded, in that
order. In the unlikely event of 2 teams being equal, then a sudden death
penalty shoot out will commence.

The 2 top teams from each group will go through to the semi-finals,
which will be 7.5 mins each way. The winners will be meet in the final,
a gruelling 10 mins each way, before the champions emerge. Both of these
matches will have 5 mins of sudden death extra time (Golden Goal). If
scores are still equal after this, then sudden death penalty shoot out
will commence.

OLP will sponsor the pitches, balls, prizes and refs. Every team is
expected to bring own food and drink, although pubs are nearby.
We will need to meet at 7.00 p.m. at latest to sort out the Groups
and make sure everyone's ready to kick off at 8 p.m.

Awards will be given for team names, fashion statements and supporters
amongst others. Please e-mail me if you are want to enter a team (based

around your company, if possible) as places are limited. I hope that
this evening will be loads of fun and continue the good work started by
Sam & Realmedia last month at the UKNM meeting in Charlotte Street. If you
are not
selected to play or apply too late, then it would be good to come along
and support event. You may win the best supporters award without even
playing!

Please pass this on to others not using this list, if you feel they
would be interested in getting team together.

Yours - Jeraint

Jeraint Hazan, Managing Director
O N - L I N E PU B L I S H I N G L T D

http://www.olp.co.uk
t: 0171 700 7611
f: 0171 607 2166

jeraintatolp [dot] co [dot] uk (mailto:jeraintatolp [dot] co [dot] uk)
" You don't have to queue and there's no pressure to buy"

http://www.shop-athome.bt.com/

At On-line Publishing, we've had an extraordinary year