Subject: UKNM: Re: State of the Nation
From: Lee Rickler
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 09:16:14 +0100

>------------------------------
>
>Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 18:03:39 +0100
>From: Andrew Hall <andrew_hallatpa [dot] press [dot] net>
>Subject: RE: UKNM: State of the Nation
>
>First posting - new to the list, but thought I would throw in my
>thoughts on the Internet World exhibition from my personal point of
>view.

Hi All,

I popped along to the event(?) on Thursday morning - arrived @ 9am -
left @ 10am.
The place was deserted !! 2 thirds of the stalls weren't open and
until 9.45 I was the only punter on the floor. Now I might have gone a
bit early but come on !!
Trouble is with these events now is that they cost too much to show
at, the organisers don't make such a big profit, which then leads to a
smaller PR budget, which then leads to smaller audiences, which then
leads to higher stand prices ..... yada yada yada.
The only computer based event that I've seen be a success thes last
few years is the Apple Expo. Then this is so much of a success it's
totally packed !!

You just can't win can you !?

Lee

The red light mesmerises me.

* -- leeaturbanmediadesigns [dot] com -- *
* -- urbanmediadesigns.com -- *
* -- djindex.com -- *
* -- summerfestivals.com -- *