Subject: RE: UKNM: State of The Nation 2 - Total rant but worth reading.
From: Robin Grant
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 15:51:47 +0100

Following up on Lee and Craigs comments about "a professional body" for the
industry, I thought you might all like to know what we've been up to in
Bristol at a local level.

To quote from our website: "underscore_ is a collective of individuals
working in New Media in and around Bristol. We are a thriving online
community in the form of our mailing list and we also get together on the
first Thursday of every month to meet, discuss, learn and play."

So there you go - have a look at what we've been up to at

http://www.bristol.net/_/

On the more industry (rather than individual) side of things, I've also been
involved in setting up http://www.swim.org.uk/ - South West Interactive
Media - a trade association of, you guessed it, interactive media companies
in the South West.

There is LOADS of this sort of thing going on all over the place - check out

http://www.bristol.net/_/links.htm for a fairly comprehensive set of links
to all this activity (you'll have to scroll down past all the local stuff to
get to the national and international links)

hope this helps...

Robin

Robin Grant, Producer, Brann Interactive
100 Victoria, Bristol, UK, BS1 6HE - http://www.brann-interactive.com/
phone: +44 117 914 6260, fax: +44 117 914 6125, mobile: +44 973 638 390
email: robinatperfect [dot] co [dot] uk, icq: 362763, www: http://www.perfect.co.uk/
Director http://www.association.org/ and http://www.swim.org.uk/