Subject: Re: UKNM: who's updating what and how ??
From: richard evans
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 19:30:19 +0100

Indeed content management is a burning issue, both with agencies and
clients. We have built numerous content management systems for a number of
varying clients but the burning issue still ramains, as pointed out by
leslie, resource?? We still find that some clients (even the bigger ones)
still do not have the resource and the machines to successfully manage
their own content, even though they want to. Its amazing how many larger
clients still do not have a browser on every desk, you still find the
knackered old PC in the corner of the office running netscape 2.

Having said that though, the ammount of agencies still updating press
releases is also amazing especially when we all know that you can write a
bit of perl (that runs in netscape 2) to allow the client to do it and then
sell that to many clients.

I f you can get over the issue of hardware with a clients then surely a
well designed UI for publishing content through a browser is the answer to
mr marketing manager being ill ( pulling a sicky with a hangover!). two or
three people are easily trained to use a very simple, well designed tool,
so unless they were all out drinking together, issue solved.. leaving the
agency to get on with what they are good at and relieving the poor junior
at the agency who has 20 press releases a week to update.

richi

Richard Evans
Object 1
55 Bermondsey Street