Subject: RE: UKNM: who's updating what and how ??
From: Bunder, Leslie
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 15:38:46 +0100

I don't think we are talking about just press releases here, we are
talking about content in general eg: XYZ company makes major
annoucement regarding amazing price saving on its products.

So you've seen it on TV, maybe seen something in the paper or heard it
on the radio and you go to the Web site to get full details but there is
nothing there!

What sort of image is the company presenting? Sure there are various
reasons why the info may not have appeared including technical.

The question here is all about timing. We are all aware of how
important and powerful the Web/Internet medium is and has become and how
user expectations are getting higher all the time. That's why we need
to be aware that this medium needs as Tarnya says to be managed well.

I personally would not like to have a time delay. Information can be
formatted and publsihed on various platforms all at the same time. All
that is needed is proper management and software to help do it! (there's
your plug Tarnya!!!)

Why should there be time delays. Why accept time delays. It it is
annouced on TV and radio then within reason it can be annouced at the
same time on the Web....

The Web can serve as a total enhancement to what is on TV or heard on
the radio it can act as a very useful archieve and resource when the
consumer/customer needs that information when it suits them.

Anyway, over to Tarnya!

Leslie
Leslie Bunder
Project Manager, TDL InfoSpace
e-mail: Leslie [dot] Bunderatinfospaceuk [dot] com (work) or leslieatbunder [dot] com (home)
Web: www.infospaceuk.com
tel: 01252 390516 (UK) +44 1252 390516 (outside UK)
mobile: 07010 701967 (UK) or +44 7010 701967 (outside UK)
Thomson House, 296 Farnborough Road, Hants, GU14 7NU