Subject: Re: UKNM: Multilingual sites
From: Ray Taylor
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 19:42:39 +0000 (GMT)

From: Lee Rickler <leeaturbanmediadesigns [dot] com>

>Just as a _very_ basic answer I had a french version of UMD running last
>year.
>
>The version francais attracted roughly .01% of the overall traffic.

If you are going to post up other language versions of web pages it is a
good idea to promote them via the other language search engines etc. Why
would anyone look for a page in French using an English search engine?

Research proves that people who do not have English as a first language,
even when they are fluent in English as a second language, will almost
always prefer to use non-English search engines.

If anyone needs any help with international and multi-language campaigns,
the best source is Euromarketing - contact in the UK is
paula_caruanaateurouk [dot] com or mail me off list for further suggestions.

Ray Taylor +44 181 639 0015
tayloratnmcadplan [dot] com

http://www.nmcadplan.com