Subject: UKNM: Nokiagame - how not to manage your PR
From: Melanie BEECH
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 21:04:16 GMT

Hi

Anyone else had problems with Nokia and their much-hyped nokia game over the
last couple of weeks?

Given they're really into connecting people, I was much surprised to
discover that when I registered to enter, I could not register for the
French game with a UK mobile number (I'm on secondment in France for 3
months). However, on choosing English as my language, suddenly I was
allowed to do just that. It seemed strange to me that I was suddenly
allowed to do so, so I thought I'd pop off an email to the gamemaster (as
invited, in case of problems) and check all was OK.

No response

A few days later, sent off a second email, with the same lack of result.

And last week third and final email to which I have yet to receive a
response.

So, 2 points to bitch about:
1. they seem to actively discourage roaming, although this is one of the
more positive things about mobile phones. Seems a bit strange when they're
always on about connecting people, really, and given the state of automation
of these games there is no intelligent reason I can think of why somebody
cannot register in one country for the game with a mobile from a different
country. Since much of the game is down to local clues, registering
separately in several countries is unlikely to improve your chances of
winning.

2. for what is probably their largest PR campaign in Europe this year, they
are surprisingly lax about keeping their previously loyal customers happy.
Somebody should tell them it costs more to recruit than to retain their
customers.

Not hugely impressed with all this, I have to say. Any similar stories, or
am I the only one they're not answering?!

cheers

melanie

M�lanie BEECH
Chef de Projet

SYZYGY
20, rue des Jardins - 92601 Asni�res cedex
T�l : 01 41 11 67 88 - Fax : 01 41 11 67 68
<mailto:m.beech@> m [dot] beechatsyzygy [dot] net (mailto:m [dot] beechatsyzygy [dot] net) <m [dot] beechatsyzygy [dot] net (mailto:m [dot] beechatsyzygy [dot] net)>

http://www.syzygy.net <http://www.syzygy.net/>