Subject: Re: UKNM: Brand-building banners
From: Zing!n Media
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 17:40:48 GMT

> I don't think anybody I know actually watches adverts through choice, no
matter
> how well they are made. Perhaps they do in your household, but that's
> because you work in marketing

Well I don`t really work in marketing but I am heavily involved in the
marketing side of Zingin and it's fair to say that I probably take more
interest in ads than most normal people.

HOWEVER I share a house with 5 non-marketing types and although, given the
choice, we'd probably choose not to have the ads, we certainly don`t channel
hop during EVERY break. Ask any person on the street about the Daz Doorstep
Challenge, the Les Patterson McDonalds ad or Ferrerro Roche's Ambassador's
reception and then try telling me that TV ads don`t work.

If everyone skipped ads then The Frogs and Flat Eric wouldn`t have worked
and you my housemate wouldn`t scream Whaaasssuuupppp at me every time I walk
into the living room. That's when he's not doing his 'hilarious' Ali G
impersonation of course.

Yes, we'd all prefer a world without ads (marketing folk excepted) but we've
learnt to live with them and we'll probably learn to live with banners too.

Shall we agree to disagree on this one?

Paul