Subject: Re: UKNM: Iceland, schmiceland
From: Jo Chipchase
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 15:02:41 +0100

My downstairs neighbour (Basement Bob) signed up for Tesco Direct, and
tells me that his food order took three days to arrive, because they don't
have sufficient drivers.

I tried to register and couldn't specify a flat number, because Tesco
bought their address database from the Royal Mail, which doesn't recognise
our premises as separate flats. Well... that's not very helpful, is it !

However, Bob said that the quality of the order was excellent when it did
arrive.

Jo.

Lee Rickler wrote:
>Okay ... heres a good one ....
>
>I ordered over 60pounds worth of food via iceland.co.uk to be delivered
>tonight.
>
>The order went through with no problems.
>
>I just got a call from iceland saying that they cannot deliver at my
>chosen time because they haven't got a van driver!! D'oh!!
>Anyway ... i mentioned, in my usual calm manner, that the contract states
>that they HAVE to deliver at the specified time. I was then told that they
>will have to deliver my frozen food by cab! And this is not from my local
>store, some 5 mins walk door to door, but from another store 5 miles away.
>
>So .... my query is this.
>Am I right to demand delivery at the previously arranged time?
>Are they allowed to deliver by cab even though it says on their site about
>delivering in a chilled van?
>Am i gonna get trucks load of free food from iceland when I complain?
>
>Have a nice dinner y'all,
>
>Lee

CAN-U-HACK-IT
Internet & Publicity Services