Subject: RE: UKNM: RE: University v. Drop Outs
From: Richard Bailey
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 13:15:20 +0100

After having a real problem with my farther and the whole funding thing I
had to take three years out. There is a nasty rule (that was there but
pointless now) that if your parents has "x" money you got "y" grant. "y"
for me was �400 a year and there was no other funding (personal matter).
Well I got better and better jobs and studied around a developing industry
working as a computer tech., engineer, Network admin., Internet tech., some
web design and marketing which led me to Sales Executive (which is looking
like it will change to Marketing Executive soon). I did the jobs because I
enjoyed them, always thinking I would go to Uni. Now most of my friends
have finished Uni and entering at the same level I now find myself. I have
a good list of skills to fall back on and a good working understanding of
the background technology that I think I may have missed otherwise. I do
not feel like a drop out; I have a library of books and no student loans
hanging over me. Still wish I had gone and still day dream about it
sometimes.

Richard Bailey
Internet Sales Executive
www.Godado.co.uk