Subject: RE: UKNM: Usage statistics - the truth?
From: John Bishop
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 12:40:30 +0100

Check out the ABC//electronic Associate Subscribers on their website. I
think they include companies who want to be able to provide industry
compliant numbers. We spoke to most commonly used log analysis companies and
went for HitList who are an ABC//electronic subscriber and who are claiming
they have a beta version of a compliant log analysis tool. I also think the
problem is that most software products can be configured how you want - eg
in Webtrends all you need to do to quadruple your traffic (at least) is
include .jpg as a valid file type - until the configuration can be made
tamperproof there is no way that it can be relied on. I'm sure we'll get
there one day...........

John Bishop