[Previous] [Next] - [Index] [Thread Index] - [Previous in Thread] [Next in Thread]

Subject: RE: UKNM: foreign domain name registering
From: Mark Bowling
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 15:01:33 GMT

Some countries require you to trade within their borders, i.e. pay taxes and
employ locals, before you can register the domain name. The easiest way
'around' it is to go into partnership with a local registered company who
will provide you with a registered office which you trade from locally.
This means you still have to go through the same procedure as setting up a
ltd company in the UK.

There is no legal and easy way around this - remember that these countries
are just protecting their interests.


Mark Bowling
Head of Commercial Development
Hyperlink Marketing Ltd
57-59 Neal Street
London WC2H 9PJ

Tel +44 (0) 20 7395 4980
Fax +44 (0) 20 7240 8098
Mob +44 (0) 77 7563 8258


I am having problems registering a domain name in foreign countries - a
number of the foreign registrees are coming back to me saying that I don't
have a registered office/company with the same name as the domain.

Registering the .com and .co.uk was a breeze, but does anyone have a steer
on the more 'strict' countries such as Germany and France? Is there any
supplier/service company out there that specialises in this sort of thing.



Do you know where the new economy is heading? Become a part of it.
For all the best jobs in E-Commerce, IT, and New media,
come to RevolutionVisit at London Olympia 2, 24/25 November.

See http://www.revolutionvisit.com/1 to find out more.
To unsubscribe or change your list settings go to
http://www.chinwag.com/uk-netmarketing or helpatchinwag [dot] com

  UKNM: foreign domain name registering, Robert Grimsey

[Previous] [Next] - [Index] [Thread Index] - [Next in Thread] [Previous in Thread]