Subject: UKNM: localised Web ad campaigns
From: Leon Mumford
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 15:26:40 +0100

Ray Taylor wrote:
>Even if it were possible for media owners to target that finely, it
>makes the numbers quite small.

What's more important- The "numbers" you display to (often grossly
exagerated anyway), or the percentage of serious local internet users
that you attract?

My point is that, by targeting, I assume that you are trying to focus
your message- perhaps with the intent of getting a better quality of
response. If that's true, then why stop there? Why not focus your
campaign on local sites that are actually being used by the local online
community? How do you find these sites? In my experience, it's not local
ISP's or local digital newspapers that provide the most extensive
listings for local sites but local business directories. There are a
number of them, and some are better than others- But they will build a
picture of who is active within the local internet community. With a
little research, I think you'll be surprised by the unique make-up of
each local online community and you can build your campaign accordingly.

By the way, without trying to blow my own trumpet too much, you might
want to check out www.friday-ad.co.uk. We probably have an online
edition for each of the towns that you are trying to cover. And local
people actually use our site to buy- not just to read.

GOOD LUCK
Leon Mumford
Internet Sales & Development Executive, Friday-Ad
Eastbourne Road, Ridgewood, Uckfield, TN22 5AH
01825 76 6000 ext.377

http://www.friday-ad.co.uk
leonmatfriday-ad [dot] co [dot] uk
Fast, easy, effective advertising focused on the LOCAL community.