Subject: UKNM: RE: privacy of lists
From: James Tarin
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 17:07:35 +0100

>This mailing list is a private forum, and should not be construed as
>"public" - in fact I remember a thread a while back which clarified this for
>everyone (unfortunately I can't find the mails in question to quote from -
>can anyone help me out here?).

Robin,

I did not file that thread, but as I see it this forum is almost public
domain - although it is bad behaviour and impolite to take peoples postings
outside the list and display them elsewhere without asking.

I saw a post of mine to this list in a magazine not too long ago - not
really on without asking.

I am prepared to be shouted down on this however as I am picking up a fag
end without reading the earlier posts. I would have thought that if you want
something to be secret, don't send it over email as it is insecure anyway.

James