Subject: Re: UKNM: research for a feature... :)
From: Phil Gyford
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 09:59:04 +0100

On Wed, 8 Sep 1999, Jo Chipchase wrote:

> At risk of incurring the wrath of certain folk... heh heh heh...

While agreeing with everything Stef said before about this, the other
reason I think it's amazing you keep sending these emails to a list of
hundreds (more?) people in the industry is that it doesn't make you look
very professional. Maybe it's just me, but if I saw an article written by
you now or in 10, 20 years time I'd be thinking "Oh there's an article by
that woman who just sends mails to mailing lists for research."

I'm not saying that's all you do, but that's how it feels and personally
I'd want to be a little more restrained in how I appear to people. You've
been on here long enough that surely you could just target the people on
the list you think might have something relevant to say? Perhaps you do
that too, but whatever, personally I find the constant trawling of the
list for info annoying and tacky.

Phil

philatgyford [dot] com / tel: (+1) 281-990-9319 / icq: 3794783
http://www.gyford.com / http://www.haddock.org