Subject: RE: UKNM: viral marketing (Jungle Detour)
From: Robin Edwards
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 19:11:03 +0100

On Friday, September 17, 1999 5:33 PM, Tim Ireland [SMTP:timatdesignercity [dot] com]
wrote:
> First there was an 'is there a problem' email that appeared to ask why the
> user registered, but did not then apply for their prize (suggesting ever so
> gently that this might be a case of misguided personal choice rather than
> the sites inability to function)
>
> Now this a new email dealing with the delay in delivery.

<snipped Jungle quote>

> * Increased our technical support and pre sales team by six
> fold!

The great thing about web sites is you can reduce the number of technical
support staff you need (they can get all of the info they need from the web
site itself) and reduce the number of sales staff (the web site does the
selling job for you, y'see) thus making a huge cost saving.

<cough>

Anyway, a six-fold increase on what, I wonder?

Sorry, starting to get a bit sarcastic - must be a result of reading too many
of Danny's musings in NTK :o)

Robin

--
Robin Edwards