Subject: FLASH: Response from Web Host re:mime setting
From: Keenwitted
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 23:46:00 +0100

Hello Flashers,

I'm learning Flash and about to revamp my website (www.big.com (which
currently only has a short Director animation on it). After learning all the
problems re:MIME SETTINGS, i emailed my host service and got the following
answer. Is this valid or are they giving me the runaround and I need to
switch? Thanks in advance to the Mime enlightened experts.

"Erm... the site in question appears to use Flash types and I don't believe
they make a Flash plugin for UNIX, so this doesn't do much good.

If you need to add MIME types to your site, this is quite simple to do. All
you need to do is to create a .htaccess file containing the proper MIME types,
and upload it to your web directory, /usr/www/users/bigq in ASCII mode.
Instructions on setting up the MIME types are at
http://support.pair.com/faq/webserver.html.

Note that there are already many MIME types installed on the server; you will
likely want to check the list at http://support.pair.com/faq/mime.txt first.

Regards,
--
pair Networks' Support Department supportatpair [dot] com
The Support Forum, online resource center: http://support.pair.com/