Subject: Re: FLASH: Quicktime issues!
From: John Dowdell
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 22:28:15 GMT

If this is "What can cause failure of a QT with SWF tracks on
some-but-not-all machines?" then the top potential cause is a version
difference in QuickTime... that's the easiest way to get such a symptom,
although it's likely not the only way.

Hmm, but reading through the description a couple more times it sounds like
some SWF content was exported as QT, reimported as QT, merged with other
captured-video QT content, integrated with SWF material, and then exported
as QT again...? (I may be wrong here!) If so, then how do those afflicted
machines do with each stage of the merging there... do they act differently
at a particular step?

(I've seen some calls in the past where people exported vectors as QT from
Flash and then had difficulty reimporting, because this QT had no video
content at all. It doesn't sound like this is related to the description
there though...?)

> Does the QT player have issues with mc behavior or something?

Well, QuickTime doesn't tend to work with nested sprites or scripts beyond
its range... when layering vector interactivity atop captured video content
it's more "here is what can be translated" situation than a "everything can
be translated" situation.

Hmm, hold it, from the part about the other person "recreating it in Flash
to make a Projector" I get the picture that you're trying to use Flash as a
playback engine...? If so, then no, Flash Projectors don't display video
content, and any time there's any QT in the process we'd be delivering as a
QuickTime file. (Hmm, on a fourth rereading it sounds like you may already
have this wired, I'm probably irrelevant here then.)

If you're integrating SWF and video content, then have you considered doing
the final assembly in a video editor? Could this be the missing link
there...?

jd

Register before November 10 and save �200
http:// www.flashforward2000.com