Subject: NS Comm 4.04 always Java??
From: Wayne Townsend
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 17:09:18 GMT

Hi folks,

When testing on Mac or Win NS Comm 4.04, I always get the "Loading Java..."
message in the status bar, and a delay.

In this case, I don't want any java, -*Flash only*. (For this site, all the
users will have the Flash plug-in.)

Flash & Shockwave plug-ins are there, and when creating the page with
aftershock, I have the Flash-only scheme selected. I notice on the Java
card, that you cant deselect the "Use Java on browsers..." radio buttons,
but the _Flash-only_ scheme should override any use of Java, right?

Note, this doesn't happen on NS 3, only on Communicator.

Even though it "Loads Java", the movie seems to be playing too well to be
running under Java, but I could be wrong.

What switch do I need to flip in aftershock to eliminate any tries with Java?

PS: I'm not knocking the advancements made recently with the new Java
stuff; I use it elsewhere and it *has* improved significantly; but on this
site, there is no need for it because they all have the plug-n, so I'd like
to eliminate that several second Java delay.

TIA,

/wayne

Wayne Townsend
WebStaffing.Net
Dallas, Texas
US- 972.713.8705
waynetatTopher [dot] Net (mailto:waynetatTopher [dot] Net)
wayneatWebStaffing [dot] Net (mailto:wayneatWebStaffing [dot] Net)
gscatOnRamp [dot] Net