Subject: FLASH: FINALLY! tell target
From: deww
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 04:18:40 GMT

ok, call me dumb. I finally figured out how to call a movie clip with an
instance and tell target. it is not spelled out btw in any of the material
I have read. (including all of the printed material from MM) but flash
central helped alot when I got close. now. this all still seems very
arbitrary to me. I have a looping movie clip that is tweened from
beginning to end. the first click calls the 2nd frame which I named as an
instance. (the last frame loops to frame 2 etc) why can I not create a
keyframe in the middle of the movie and assign it a different instance name
and therefore have another button start at that point in the movie? AND
why can I not change the instance ...period? when I highlighted the button
to try and change the dialogue box after the first success,
modify/instance was not an option nor was it until I backed out of all of
my changes since the first success? I mean, do you only get one chance at
that dialogue?
weird.

thank gosh for multiple undos. maybe we could ask macromedia for a history
palete so we can see exactly what we did right?

oh yeah-that tutorial about the tell target with the x and y coordinates -
dont even mention it to me. I havent seen reverse in any of my pull downs...
needless to say, Im slow

tia
boob

fer a lest of kikin pages: