Subject: RE: FLASH: FINALLY! tell target
From: Kyron
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 10:38:08 GMT

I am not totally sure but I think these are the reasons. I just got my tell
target thingy to work two days ago. I know what you mean finally!

The reason you can't insert a keyframe in the middle of a tween is because
of a number of things. First, I don't think an instance really exist in
frames that are tweened. The only thing that is really there are the
mathematical calculations that flash computes to render the instance from
the previous keyframe. Also since only one instance can be animated per
level, by putting another instance on that same level you won't be able to
animate it.

If you really want to put a key frame in there, just remove the tween and
insert the keyframe, then put the tweens back in. You can only change an
instance on a keyframe. Again remove the tween and make all the changes you
want.

Now label the new keyframe and I think another button can call that same
keyframe.

I am definatly not the expert, but I will send you an fla that I think will
do what you want. I hope you don't think I am being presumptious. Its just
that I think we are at the same point in our flash development.

Brian