Subject: Re: FLASH: preloading
From: Marc Hoffman
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 17:54:27 GMT

At 01:58 PM 1/15/99 +0000, you wrote:

>I have a question about preloading.
>Now i have three seperate movies, i know that you can preload frames
>in the same movie, but is it also possible to preload my second movie
>while viewing the first one?
>
>I use the syntax when frame is loaded, but i cant find when movie is
>loaded. Or do I need a syntax like when fram is loaded of movie x?

you cannot check for loading on a frame in another movie. At least not
directly. What you can do is have the other movie conduct an If Frame Is
Loaded test on its own frames, and if the condition is true, it can send a
message to the first movie (for example, it could tell a movie clip in the
first movie to advance by one frame, and the frame that gets advanced to
could hold an action).

To preload movies on higher levels without them showing, have them start
with a parked frame. "Parked" is a convention that simply means the frame
has no visible content and is stopped with a Stop action. Usually you want
to label that frame so you can tell the movie to park itself at times when
you don't want it to show.

Marc Hoffman