Subject: Re: FLASH: Flash Site Test & Questions
From: dartfrogmedia
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 16:00:35 +0100

At 10:27 PM 7/4/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Please have a look and tell me what you think... (This site is a first
>for both of us so remember be honest as this is a learning process!!)
>
>The address is http://www.members.home.net/szirmay

Hi Dave,
I think this looks terrific. A great example of Flash and HTML used together. I

Members of this list have occasionally mentioned phantom sounds in movies,
usually, I believe, associated with the use of scenes. Advanced users
pretty much avoid using scenes except in authoring mode, in which case they
convert everything to one long scene before export.

There was no crashing on my system (Win95, NN4.5). MIME type, a potential
problem that only shows up on Web viewing, is fine on your server. Flash
will not work correctly if you tell it to go to a frame that has not yet
loaded; this is a likely cause of your problem. You should set up a loop
that uses If Frame Is Loaded so that your movie does not advance to
navigational buttons until the frames that those buttons refer to are all
loaded.

If this is not helpful, try posting a more complete description of your
movie structure and/or post the .fla on an ftp server and send us the URL.