Subject: Re: FLASH: Load Movie Problem
From: John Croteau
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 04:30:56 +0100

Hi Laura,

> Has anyone tried the 'target' option for Load Movie from Flash 4?
Yes.

> > Target specifies a movie clip that you want the loaded movie to replace.
> > If you use Target, the movie that you loaded inherits the position,
> > rotation, and scale properties of the targeted movie clip.
> I'm a little confused by this new option and wondering if the new movie then
> does actually share the library
No, it is a separate movie (.swf file)

> and also does it load onto a new level or not?
No it moves into a prexisting level and replaces a movie clip.

> If not, then the mac/msie 4.5 thing wouldn't be a problem?
Mac 4.x loading problems especially 4.5 are likely to have problems.

> I'm not sure how exactly this differs from replacing one movie clip with
> another within the same movie?
I expect the value of Load into Target to be most useful with larger
files that need to be available on a random basis. This might also be
very useful for dynamic replacement such as with Generator (as soon as
they support Flash 4).