Subject: Re: FLASH: [OT] Napster and Macster opinions among the Flasher Group
From: Sohrab Pirayesh
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 21:48:44 +0100

I personally think that napster is no threat to the music industry, and I
get real mad at childish artists like metallica and Dr. Dre who try and sue
napster.

If anything napster will only help improve record sales. I was one of the
very early users of napster and lately i have bought more CD's than i ever
have. It gets people excited about the music, kinda like MTV and music
videos. the last two years have been record years for the music industry,
what with brittney spears, the backstreet boys, ricky martin and the rest of
all that crap they are selling records by the millions. whether thats
because or inspite of napster is another issue.

Look at pearl jam as an example. they have allowed people to bootleg their
concerts since the 80's. And they are one of the top recording artists of
all time.

And what about smaller bands and labels. Napster allows them to gain a lot
of exposure to a mass audience.

As a web developer, the faster teh computers and the bandwidth, the easier
my job is, and the less restrictions it applies to my creative process.

all in all i htink napster is great. I think it is one of many things
responsible for teh booming econmoy, because if not anything it promotes
MASS MEDIA.

my 2 sense

-sohrab

flasher is generously supported by...
shockwave.com and Electric Rain.
1.877.4.FLASH.4 or (1.805.640.6679 outside the US and Canada)
Register before June 30 and save $200!!-- www.flashforward2000.com