Subject: Re: FLASH: Page impressions
From: Helen Triolo
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 23:11:39 GMT

RedStar wrote:

> But the best way would be to get in touch with IVW and ask them for a
> 'impression' counter for Flash based sites. I do think it time to start
> pro actively presenting Flash as a de facto standard and demanding
> support for it on this basis. The more of us that do this the quicker
> this perception will start to really sink in and it will be easier for
> us to defend our positions.

Amen to this (though in fact I'm still working on improving my Flash
skillset enough to even propose a Flash site to any client of mine). It
has so much potential for things beyond animation and sound (like
printing in a specified format, and zooming and scrolling maps, and
other things that HTML just won't do) that I'd love to see it become as
standard as HTML is.
On an unrelated note, sorry to Mr Tewes for calling you by your last
name instead of Kalle (and I'm doubly sorry if the assumption that
you're a "he" is also wrong!--I'm not familiar with the name Kalle)
Thanks for bringing up an important topic (logging pageviews, which is
something I'll certainly be thinking about how to do before I do a whole
Flash site).

Regards,
Helen
i-Technica: Innovative Internet Solutions (http://i-Technica.com)