Subject: Re: FLASH: quicktime in flash
From: John Croteau
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 19:54:05 +0100

Hi Ray,

> I've noticed that quicktime movies are not directly importable into flash
> (or any movies for that matter) - I have some 3d animation in the form of
> a quicktime movie. I assume this means they need to come in frame by
> frame.
Yes preferably in a non-lossy format (i.e. not jpeg).

> My next assumption is that after they've been imported frame by frame
> that I need to create a new symbol, make it a movie symbol and then edit
> that and place all the frames into it.
That sort of depends on the animation and what you are going to do with
it. Quicktime movies are generally bitmaps (though now Flash can be a
component). In general if you are not planning on converting the
Quicktime to vectors or the display will not be be very small, I would
consider adding Flash to the Quicktime rather than Quicktime to Flash.
Of course this is Quicktime 4 which is still Beta