Subject: FLASH: Running-performance question
From: Lena Bj�rklund
Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 21:12:53 +0100

Hi.
I was wondering how you skilled Flash-producers solve problems
concerning different performance of your movies on different platforms.
Myself I am working on a Mac with 275 mhz processor and 56 kps modem,
quite an ordinary equipment for an average user, I think. On a machine
that has 400 mhz processor my movies run far too quickly and sound files
don�t synchronize.

I assume most of you have workstations with far better prestanda than
mine, and probably an ISDN-connection. But how do you test your movies
performance at the "average" destination machines? Is there advanced
preloading-techniques to achieve that can grant a synchronized
performance regardless of the "publics" platform? Or do know "by heart"
what performance will come out of your "this and that" Kb-weight frame
by frame?

The question came up, because I am given the opportunity to get a cheap
ISDN-connection...but, as I said - how will I then know how my work
turns out for those who are going to look at it?

I�m not so good at making myself clear in english but I hope you get the
essentials.

Lena B
Maybe a silly question, but: No question - no answer 8)