Subject: Re: FLASH: About Flash in Sweden and perception
From: David Gary
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 01:32:19 +0100

Wayne Townsend wrote:

> Hi David, here's my opinion since you asked,
>
> Just say NO! to plain loading sequences.
>
> The loading sequence should be a movie in itself.

Absolutely! I didnt say I personally use "static preloaders". Just the presence
of waiting on them.
I am absolutely aware of flash's streaming cababilities. However most flash
developers(to my knowledge)
arent streaming "magicians". <g>
Also, some flash implementations simply become to large when applying effective
streaming techniques
instead of preloaders.
Trying to auto stream pesentation while 400k backend loads will only make the
file 500k. And yes
Im aware of "pre-load" before streaming.

> Say that again.

And yes
Im aware of "pre-load" before streaming.<g>

The first movie in the "active" section of my personal site uses this technique.

> Take the audience's attention *away* from any perception of loading.

Yup, how bout a good 'ole game of pong.<g>

Wayne you are definetly a Mystro at flash streaming. When are you going to write
a tut on it?

-DG-

-David Gary-
Interactive Media Producer/Designer
http://www.davidgarystudios.com
dgarystudiosatmpinet [dot] net (mailto:dgarystudiosatmpinet [dot] net)