Subject: Re: FLASH: bored on Fri night?
From: Nigel Randsley-Pena
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 16:41:24 +0100

Wayne,

Some comments, a bit out of order, I just jotted them down while viewing
the ads.

- Average size of each ad taken from the samples you've produced is
163K. I think this is something like 10 times to much. Let's say each ad
is displayed for 180 seconds. This rounds off to 1K/s per user load on
the server. I don't think the suits will like that so think of some good
answers if it does come up in the meeting.
- Get a vector version of the lexus logo. (A Taste of...)
- The transparent areas of the imported bitmaps are visible at some
colour resolutions
- Sound : If you need a lightweight sound solution use Beatnik with
Flash. If you think this might be a viable solution for you I can send
you an early alpha version of a beatnik/flash interaction javascript api
I'm developing.

Nigel (working on a beautiful sunny saturday afternoon)