Subject: RE: FLASH: Internet Explorer Question
From: Mike Grove
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 23:49:57 +0000 (GMT)

---<snip>------------

------<another snip>-------------------

>Guys and gals, let's all get with the program here: one browser, one O/S,
>one world under Bill with total compatibility for all. What more could you
>ask for?

-----------------------------

Ahem..........

Hi, Len.

I'm new here, but I can't let this one slide by.

Aren't we being a teeny bit prejudiced about this? There is a huge base of
designers and creative people who would never give up their Macs for *any*
other hardware or operating system. I'm sure quite a few folks on this list
are Mac users, and they might be offended by this post. I'd hate to see an
OS war thread started here, they usually go on for days and are never
pretty, using up valuable bandwidth for a pointless argument causing
irritation and hard feelings. Mac users tend to voraciously defend their
machines and OS.

My point is, there are different systems for different folks. You love NT
and MS in general, that's fine. Mac users love their Macs, and that's fine
too. And don't you find it a bit uncomfortable that one corporation should
dictate what computers and operating systems we all use? I'd hate to see
everyone at the mercy of Bill and only Bill with no choice of an
alternative.

Gad, what a grey day that would be.

Tell Bill I said good luck with the trial. ;-)

Mike Grove

graphics by grove! - http://www.graphicsbygrove.com
RD 1, Box 413
Huntingdon, Pa 16652