Subject: Re: FLASH: Tell Target and movie problem
From: Paul Hagwood
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 21:17:50 +0000 (GMT)

>This might be a case of the movie clip within the movie not being
>loaded completely when you call it. Or it might be that the movie clip
>has no instance name. It's a bit hard to tell what the problem is from
>what you wrote. Could you give a diagram of the movie/movie clip
>structure? and state what ou want the each movie clip to do?
> Also, is part of your movie divided into scenes? Scenes and movie
clips
>don't work well together.

Thanks for helping me out. WHat's happening in the Flash file is, I have
four scenes (this was done before I learned how to use the load movie
command) and I wanted a little help window to pop up at any time without
effecting the animation. Thanks to another helpful member of the list, I
found out how to use the Tell Target script. Now I have the help windows
done as a separate Flash file, but I thought it might be nice to have
the whole thing be one flash file. I made the help menu a Movie clip and
it includes animation and several buttons. I wanted these buttons to
show up at different times using the tell target. This works great as
long as the help movie is a separate flash file, but when I make it a
movie clip, it doesn't work anymore.
Perhaps the solution is to just keep it a separate flash file. But it
seems like the movie clip should work.
I would show you a copy of the files, but everything is out behind the
firewall. It won't go live until it's done.