Subject: Re: FLASH: Animated Cartoon
From: Colin Moock
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 19:43:07 +0000 (GMT)

flasheratshocker [dot] com,Internet writes:
>I set the script to detect if the user had the plug-in and download
>Shockwave Flash if they did not, but the older version of IE3 throws up
>security warning and shuts down the process.

Sounds like the browser you're testing on has the MSIE 3 authenticode
problem. I normally add this in my Flash detection at some point:

Microsoft Internet Explorer Users, please note: If you do not already
have Shockwave Flash installed, you may receive a security alert when
your browser attempts to download Flash. To install Flash, you can
either get the Microsoft Authenticode 2.0 upgrade or set your browser
security level from high to medium (under Options, Security, Safety
Level). Get the patch at:
http://www.microsoft.com/ie/security/?/ie/security/authent2.htm

You should probably check that URL with the browser you're having
trouble with to see if that's the problem...

-Colin