Subject: Re: FLASH: Tweening
From: David Gary
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 03:08:10 +0000 (GMT)

Marc Hoffman wrote:

> At 06:17 PM 11/19/98 -0500, you wrote:
> >>HIya Jason,That statement might be confusing to newcomers to Flash.
> >If you are to "motion" tween symbols or "shape" tween objects
> >they must preside on their own personal layer with no other symbols or
> objects
> >on
> >that layer.
> >
> >-DG-
>
> Actually, isn't it motion tweening with symbols that carries this
> restriction? My understanding is that multiple shapes may be tweened on
> the same layer, but the more complex and numerous the shapes, the more
> likely Flash will not produce the tweens you hoped for. So, one shape per
> layer is advisable but not absolutely required.

The only way to tween a shape(non symbol) is to give it its own layer.
Other objects and shapes can be placed on the same layer but only after
you cancel out the tween shape with a keyframe. Any other shapes on the same
layer
that is being tweened will morph into the final keyframe, period. I wouldnt
advise this
at all in tweening shapes. The outcome should never be questionable. Besides,
layers dont cost you in file size and are easily editable.

-DG-