Subject: FLASH: Zoom & Pan Movie Clips?+VB scaling? + Browsers & Javascript?
From: Len Harrison
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 03:36:31 GMT

1) Is it possible to zoom and then pan a movie clip or is that functionality
limited to the movie as a whole? If you can do it, how?
It's not one of the T... group of methods in the control and not a menu
choice in Flash. Can you use the non-target methods on a target? (Flash is
an ActiveX control in this context)

2)Anyone know how to scale a Flash control along with the VB window? Is
there a way to set the control to 100%x100% as in a browser or do I need to
trigger resizing off the form event? Don't like that idea too much! Seems
like I'd either have this sticky code that keeps resizing things during the
drag or I'd have this jump from one state to another after the resize which
would look pretty tacky.

3) What browsers don't support FSCommand scripting? I know IE 3 doesn't
support the "Javascript:function(parmlist)" thing as a URL, but I thought it
supported FSCommand through VBScript because the control fires a VB event. I
thought Netscape 3 and beyond (maybe even 2 since it does support
Javascript) worked fine with this. Obviously IE 4 is not an issue. Are we
talking about Opera, WebTV, or what? Or is this a platform issue, i.e.
BrowserX on Mac's or something?

Special Thanks in Advance for anyone who has a clue on items 1) and 2)
above.

len harrison
instructional designer
lenhatabtcorp [dot] com