Subject: Re: FLASH: Vectorbased Animationtools + Director
From: Gabriel Mulzer
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 15:45:30 +0100

thanx for your replay, Veronique

our problem is (if its a problem) is, that the animations
are rather complex stuff that should be played full screen
(from cd) on midrange computers
its part of a serial of projects we've done before, so the grafix
can not be simplyfied or changed in style very much,
so in the end, im afraid, they have to be converted to bitmaps .
(i found that bitmaps perform faster then too complicated vectors )

but i will try and see how it performs with flash

i found the flash/director combination very interesting,
especially for intranet sites , but didnt
have the time to check it out yet

for the web, does the consumer need the Flash Asset Xtra too,
or is it part of the latest shockwavePlugIn ?

BTW :is your project online ? i would like to see this.

__
gabriel

>I did a project in flash (has to be flash 2.0) and importing it in director.
>It played perfectly. Director has a whole set of new lingo commands to
>manipulate the flash movies including rescaling.
>If your project is for the web, you can there create a shockwave movie.
>
>http://www.macromedia.com/software/director/productinfo/newfeatures/
>
>You'll need the Flash Asset Xtra which ships with director 6.5
>
>Veronique

ocker.com