Subject: Re: FLASH: Copyrights
From: Dorian Nisinson
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 18:44:27 +0100

Hi Cheri,
If you draw another's character by hand or if you trace it, if it is
recognizable as Mickey Mouse or Bugs Bunny etc. it is copyright
infringement. How you arrive at it does not really matter. You need to
have a character of your own. You could do a mouse but it can't be
Minnie or Mickey or any other recognizable character.
As an example, there was a nursery school a few years ago that had an
artist paint a mural on their wall that depicted several Disney
characters. Disney sued them and they had to remove the art.

Dorian

--
Coming Soon Flash 4 Web Animation F/X and Design
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1576105555/flashcentral

Flash Tell Target Tutorial
http://www.FlashBible.com/members/TellTarget/
The Flash Fortune Teller http://www.bway.net/~dorian/FortuneT.htm
Dorian Nisinson Design
http://www.bway.net/~dorian
dorianatbway [dot] net (mailto:dorianatbway [dot] net)