Subject: Re: FLASH: Still that problem I mentioned yesterday
From: Brian
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 17:29:10 +0100

Reading over this again, I must make a few comments:

> My main time line is 1 layer with one frame. That first frame has my first
> MC (like scene 1). At the last frame of that clip, I insert the next MC
> (like scene 2). Etc.

This is starting to sound like it gets into territory I'm unfamiliar
with...meaning that if I have one frame where the whole MC plays itself out,
something will have to call up the next frame/MC to continue the sequence,
and I'm assuming this is done from the MC? From what I understand, this
involves some actionscripting I've never used. Is this easy to do? I read
all the time about all kinds of head-scratching on this list about this kind
of stuff.
Call me dumb.

I'm quite simply an artist and animator, not a code guru of any kind, nor do
I necessarily want to be. Why would Flash be set up to allow me to do things
the way I have been, if it's not foolproof? Especially when I havem't
encountered the problem before in the over a year I've been working with
Flash!
Maybe I'm just bluntheaded, but it seems to me that if I can drop a sound
file into a keyframe on the main timeline, there ain't no reason why I
should expect it to play at any other time other than where/when I put it.

Nonetheless, I have _apparently_ solved this problem.

> If your sound in scene two is starting at frame 5 in scene two, maybe the
> player is reading the sound to start at frame 5 in the main timeline. Who
> knows. Scenes are frustrating and do funny things. At least for me. And
you
> too.

Once again: WHY is Flash set up with Scenes if they can cause this
problem?!?
Does 5 address it?

Thanks again, jgl!

-Brian Matthews

NudeGuru.com is proud to sponsor the Flasher list