Subject: RE: UKNM: Dot Com Fever
From: Rory Teeling
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 20:50:40 +0100

Unbelievably lazy piece of journalism from the beeb -
no wonder Panorama is experiencing its lowest viewing
figs ever - a combination of a bad attempt at fly on
the wall journalism (salesandletting.com and
clickmango) and a blatant attempt at creating panic
over share ramping - suggesting it is far more
prevalent than it actually is

it would be interesting to know what people that have
never used the internet thought. I bet their worst
fears were realised. Bad on you BBC.

--- Glen Collins <glenatdigital-outlook [dot] com> wrote:
> What did we all think of the programme then?
>
> I particularly liked the 3 chaps who were looking
> for �0.5m funding for a
> mainstream, b2c & b2b renting & selling property web
> service, who stated in
> a presentation to a VC that the �0.5m seed financing
> would fund all the
> online and offline marketing / development.
>
> I also enjoyed their exit route strategy which they
> discussed to the VC,
> which was to go to IPO by the end of the year and
> then all get out of the
> company at this point as they believed the bubble
> would burst by or near
> this point. They didn't get funding from this VC.
>
> I wonder how many of the startups out there share
> this purely short-term
> gold rush view and how many are actually putting
> real thought into their
> business plan after 2001?
>
> The media love it. It's not surprising.
>
> Be interested in other peoples thoughts on the
> programme.
>
> Glen.

[Sam says: msg chopped...]

Affiliate Solutions Seminar - London, England
A one day seminar for Merchants and Affiliates which
focuses on Revenue Sharing and Affiliate Marketing
for the online industry. Being held April 26, 2000, at the
MayFair Inter-Continental. http://seminars.internet.com