Subject: Re: UKNM: Tell me it's not SPAM
From: Adam Atkinson
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 11:27:37 +0100

Ah, Lastminute's famous emails that built an IPO. The Register in February
reported that an aggrieved parent had complained about emails sent to his
daughter. Aged five, so bang slap in the degradable inventory merchant's
demograph.

Course, nobody would have got on their case back then as Martha & chums were
The Nation's Sweethearts, but the Spam debate's turning into a mirror of the
erotica Vs porn debate; if you like the company you tolerate it (and
probably delete it), if not, you whinge and moan and then get round to
deleting it. Frankly, the pious whinging's annoying me and suggests that
those who get so passionate about it ought to find something better to do
with their time once they've got grips with typing "Thanks, but no thanks.
Please stop emailing me" to offers that fail to tickle their pickles or
butter their muffins.