Subject: Journo looking for rentaquotes, or even serious comment
From: SShipside
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 14:07:43 -0000

Hi there,

in addition to being a UKNM lurker I'm a hack currently writing a piece for
Internet magazine on the trad media vs new media advertising debate. I'm
keen to canvas a few opinions (by phone or email) in return for which I'm
offering precisely nothing other than the chance to have your say and enjoy
the fleeting glory of seeing your name in print.

The bottom line of the article goes as follows.....

"The Web has offered us lots of new and exciting ways to advertise – ways
that allow site developers to target their customers in a way that simply
can’t be done online. And yet it seems that most of the big dotcoms still
rely on TV ad campaigns and poster ad campaigns to get their message across.
Does web advertising really not work as well as traditional media campaigns?"

any comments anyone?

Steve Shipside