Subject: RE: [uk-netmarketing] RE: fall of the dotcoms?
From: tim parkin
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 10:55:45 -0000

OK, It was a knee jerk reaction to a probably ill considered post. This
would make a great TV programme if only to point out to the masses of people
trying to join the industry that the internet streets aren't all paved in
gold, that theres a fair bit of blood and guts sloshing around in the
gutters.

However, with the stock exchange being led by the smallest runour, the
demise of a lot of these companies has been the result of a self fulfilling
prophecy. You know the one. It's the old NME backlash to use a parralel.
Build em up to knock em down. But theres no Editor in charge. The first
rumour sets off another rumour which sets of a worry about stability which
decreases funding which causes a company to crash which makes the new which
worrys other people which devalues tech stock which causes people to write
television programmes which worries the general investor which reduces
investment in all internet stock which causes a crash. The whole of the
stock market is the butterfly effect in action.

This is why people get worked up about bad press. It's our lives thats why.

Theres no bullshit in that. I'm quite happy to talk about the problems of
the Internet industry, just want to talk to people who havent' written the
plot yet. People who want to research the matter first.

Tim