Subject: Re: UKNM: Charity e-fundraising
From: Nick Sellors
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 17:33:23 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 5 Nov 1998 18:16:39 +0000, "Charles Linn"
<charleslatfoe [dot] co [dot] uk> wrote:

>Obviously I would not like FOE to be accused of spaming or sending out complete
>junk, but I am interested in cold mailing people, especially to draw them into
>issue led fundraising info on our web site.

Ok, I'm subscribed to the list using my "home" email address, but I
do work for an ISP (yours, as it happens, but this is my personal
opinion - see sig).

My advice would be a very simple "don't". However good your
intentions are, there will always be one person (and that's all
it'll take) to complain to abuse@ about UCE and, believe me, it
isn't worth the grief it causes.

Why not, in your next (snail) mailshot, stick in a card asking
people to visit your web site and register for further info there ?

Sorry this probably isn't what you wanted to hear :-(

N.

--
Nick Sellors http://www.derby.org/
PGP Key on Request Tiocfaidh Ar La !