Subject: Re: UKNM: Nokiagame - how not to manage your PR
From: Ashley Pomeroy
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 13:12:27 GMT

>>>>pants<<<<

On the subject of pants-ness, I have been trying to apply for Barclays
online-banking facilities of late. Everything is fine until a page which
asks for my date of birth, and present me with a nine-character text entry
box, with no examples. No matter which combination and order of numbers,
letters, punctuation symbols and smells I enter, the form returns an
error.

Which I cannot tell them about, as there is no way of emailing their
customer support team - the only mention of email on the entire .co.uk and
.com sites involves signing-up for Barclays hotmail-esque email
service. And I am *not* telephoning them, as I will be put through to a
drooling idiot who will probably be unaware that Barclays has a website.

In effect, there is a problem, but they don't know about it, and there is
no way of telling them. Yet, some people must be able to apply, surely?

-
"In the land of the blind, the blindest man is king"
Ashley Pomeroy - arpatslab [dot] org - http://www.ashleypomeroy.com/