Subject: RE: UKNM: persistant world gaming
From: David Burrows
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 13:57:12 GMT

I mentioned a couple a few months ago.
At the moment the biggest ones are probably things like Everquest(Sony) and
Ultima Online (Origin)
Ones to watch in the next few months : The Sims Online (Maxis)and Black &
White (Lionhead)

Both the latter titles are going to change the face of on-line gaming
drastically, the Sims from the demographic angle (The Sims has been
incredibly successful in previously gamephobic audiences) and Black & White
from the technological angle. On-line gaming is definitely maturing and
we're going to be seeing a lot more 'Nokiagame' like promotions (although
hopefully better thought out and executed!) in the next couple of years.

As you can probably tell, I've been doing some work on these kinds of games
(and how they can be used in on-line marketing) so if you need some more
information contact me off list.

db

--

David Burrows

specialmoves (temporarily in limbo)

office : 07811 537019
mob : 07974 156033
web/wap : www.specialmoves.com

Seminars, exhibitions, networking events, parties, conferences.
Finding it difficult to keep up and plan ahead?

Sign up for Chinwag's weekly new media events newsletter,
all the events you need to know about, direct to your inbox.

http://www.chinwag.com/uk-netmarketing/e_index.shtml