Subject: Re: UKNM: Free vs paid for ISPs
From: Ray Taylor
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 14:55:43 +0100

From: Stefan Magdalinski <stefanatisness [dot] org>

>You answered your own question.
>
>home access=56K=slow but cheap
>corporate access=~T1= fast but expensive.
>
>so simple, a child could understand it.

I only wish I was that clever. You mean people surfin from one of 1,000
connections on their corporate LAN get fast access? And people using the net
from home don't want fast access or good service? I won't ask you to explain
that further because I doubt I would be able to grasp the concepts.

I'm going to have to get a grown up to help me review our online advertising
strategy. Until then, I think we will have to stick to my original plan on
this one and that is - it's not an issue of paid v free, or fast modem v
slow modem, but who v who.

If and when the free services come up with some demographics, I'll look at
them. No reason why they should, paid-for ISPs don't have any.

Master Silly Billy (Age 8.75)
NMC/Adplan Corporate Kindergarten
0181 639 0015