Subject: Re: UKNM: Re: Search engines
From: Rich_Bailey
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 17:59:51 +0100

www.Godado.co.uk charge for listing at a pay-per-click rate. Don't be so
fast to dismiss this out of hand since a lot of companies run affiliation
programs that do just that. New web companies that are just starting out and
shops that don't have the funds to run large affiliation programs are our
main stock in trade. We spend a lot of time vetting sites and making sure
all keywords used are relevant. We also have to spend the time and money
running a dynamic system where people who are listed can alter and change
listing to suit that weeks offers or marketing direction. For example film
names and singers always jump in to and leave our top 100 used keyword
charts in the same way they do in record sales. Any of our customers can
call us and ask for the top 100 in the last week or advice on popular
keywords that our editor would let them bid on. We could never offer this
level of service to our listed sites on banner impressions alone. We could
never vet all the sites the way we do either without some charge. Some
people use us as an environment to test out search engine marketing.
Different titles, info and keywords. We offer our clients the logs of which
keywords have brought them traffic. We do offer normal results on un-bid
keywords too the user sees well directed results and fewer misleading links.
This system works very well in Italy we are the 5th largest search engine
there, it just takes time to gain a user base.

All search engines charge for something somewhere.

Richard Bailey
www.godado.co.uk
Rbaileyatgodado [dot] com