Subject: Re: UKNM: Banner Ads (was Search Engines)
From: Marcus Exall
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 11:06:54 +0100

Dear Chris ( let's not be nasty anymore, it is quite unbecoming :-) )

My point is that banners can play a strong part in online marketing. You
seem to blame them too readily for poor responses to campaigns, without
examining the fact that strong creative, properly targeted can achieve good
results.

You also say that they are both creatively restrictive and intrusive. How
would you solve this particular conundrum?

Boring - then they need a greater injection of imagination and creativity.
The essential size of a banner ad should not be a barrier to delivering a
compelling message.

But, as we have violently agreed upon - they are still at the beginning of
their development lifecycle.

Interested in your reply.

Marcus